Wednesday, September 06, 2006

My Poker Library

It seems like everywhere you look someone has "The" poker book that you have to have. Well as I build my poker library, I would like some help in determining which book to get next. I have a few already, so let's get those out of the way. First, I have Super System by Doyle Brunson, considered the poker bible by many. I have read Super System, but I wouldn't say I've studied it so I'm not sure how much it's helped me. I found it at a used bookstore in good condition for less than half of what it costs new. In that same store, I also picked up Phil Hellmuth's Play Poker Like The Pros. The third book I have is Internet Texas Hold-Em by Matthew Hilger.
Not a very extensive library, but you have to start somewhere, right? I been thinking about Theory of Poker by David Sklansky. I've talked to a few people about it and they said it was pretty good, but to be prepared because I'll know more about pot odds than I ever cared to know. After that though, I'm not sure what to get. Harrington on Hold-Em? Tom McEvoy's Tournament Poker? I would love to hear your thoughts if you have read either one of these, or if there was another book out there that helped improve your game significantly.


Feel free to send me any suggestions.

1 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger Dr Zen said...

Brandon, don't use underlining in your posts. It looks like a link, but there are no links.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

#1 Player in the World!!